Monday, May 23, 2005

It's sakura in Japan, and summer in the U.S....

“Follow you dreams,” he said. “Resist the opportunity to take the job that might pay a little more in the short term but offer nothing in the long term. Pursue the thing you really love. Do that, and the rest will come.”
Quoted from Patriots' coach's speech at the commencement 2005
He said this in front of 700-something seniors who officially graduated from Wesleyan yesterday, but interestingly this applies to everyone. If one asks me what are my future goals, I can name many--becoming a teacher, working for an international company that will allow me to use my foreign languages, setting up my own school... All of these are the ones I love. Thus, I hope by doing 'em, the rest will come. Amiiiin.. (^-^)
On Saturday, there was a Freeman scholars reception for the graduationg seniors. A year passed by so fast, that I was stunned to know that it was a year since Mas Yogi stood up at the front delivering his farewell speech. I wonder what would mine be like...
When I think of my own graduation that will occur about 2 years from today, I get anxious. Graduation is an end as well as a beginnning... In Japan, it's marked by sakura. When they bloom, it's time for the seniors' graduation, and the new students' first day of school. Here, it's the summer time. I hate the feeling of having to say good bye to some people. I don't know when will I ever see them again... (>-<)
I will definitely miss the graduating seniors--Intan, Bella, Ayako, Terence, Eli, Vic, Phu, Cecile, Umay... Although I only had 2 years with them, but I had so much fun and great chit-chats with them. I wish them the very best (^-^) someday, somewhere, at some ocassions, I believe that I will see them again :)
Summer is here, tho the weather isn't....