Tuesday, May 10, 2005

A week surrounded by sociology and boxes...

I guess this is the consequence as a soc major, days with soc papers and readings, day and night dating with Marx, Weber, Foucault, Wallerstein... and more! I have a Social Theory final exam tomorrow at 9 and Dupuy's paper due Friday at 5. I think I'm gonna use most of my time tonight to work on soc theory...
I like social theory, and this is not a sarcastic statement. I learned so much from that class... It's interesting and it feels good too when speaking with people about the world and buch of social problems, you actually know the theories that can explain them (well, I guess at leats I can refer them to some names, like Marx said blah..blah..blah.. :p) I'm gonna do my best tomorrow. I should compose all the thoughts in a constructive way. I'm so glad that I got a chance to brainstorm the Unthinkable questions w/ Cecile :)
And after the exam, a paper is waiting for me. Hix..hix.. I wish I read and followed the discussion better, so that I won't have the fear of writong the paper. I think getting a B in that class is good for me, right now. Well, I'll try my best (^_^)
Oh ya, for the first time in my entire life, I carried boxes from one place to another (well, from my room, then downstairs, then to Michi's car, unloaded them, then... Foss 5) Wow, it was a real workout!!! Thx God, I have such strong friends, like Nancy and Kiyoki :) hehehhe... I didn't do this last year, so I felt like a freshman :P Well, I'm done with storage, except that my room still look the same :p Still messy and you could see papers everywhere!!!
I'm gonna take some rest before dinner at the Driscolls, and a night with my "bible," social theory. I'm gonna take a picture of that book and post it here later :p