Saturday, June 04, 2005

Only dumbers who would make this kind of movie!!!

When I was only in primary school, think in 2nd grade, my grandpa introduced me to WAYANG--MAHABHARATA and RAMAYANA. I instantly fall in love and got a lil' addicted to wayang. Everytime we went to a bookstore, I always looked for a new wayang book. If I think again now, I was like people who like anime and Jap comics soooo much :P anyway, although till now I couldn't really enjoy the real wayang performance, I still adore them. I even watched a couple of series on TV.

One day, at Wesleyan... I discovered that there's actually a DVD of Mahabharata! I was excited and happy when I knew that I could borrow one from Olin. So I did... On Thursday night, after making a simple dinner, I sat down in front of my laptop and started watching the movie.

After a couple of seconds, the some names started to appear on screen. But mostly weren't Indian names. I was like "wait, how come?? This must be a different version, and it's in English!" Cool.. I didn't thought any further. So the first couple of minutes were OK. The first strange thing was how they called a person wearing an elephant mask as GANESHA (????!!!) Ok.. then, suddenly there was a dark-skin lady came out of nowhere and they referred to her as Kunti! HAH? what's going on here??? how come??? hwo could Dewi Kunti looked like a person from Africa? (>-<)
More very strange things continued to show up--someone who looks like an imam in Indonesia as Pandu, a chinese woman palyed as Gandari, the Pandawa were bunch of white guys and Nakula/Sadewa was a guy from the Middle East!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaa.....!!! WHAT THE HECK????!!!! (;_;)

I felt betrayed, disappointed, sad.... miserable! hix..hix.. I didn't see any beautiful indian castles and the costumes were awful!!! OMG, how could someone make such movie??? what were they thinking, trying to make a multiethnic movie or what????!!! The storyline was pretty much the same, but still... they have ruined everything !
The movie was 5,5 hours long and I could only bear to watch it for 2 hours... I couldn't stand the people! I mean, Arjuna who was supposed to be handsome turned out to be a guy who would play in some random Hollywood movie. And Gatotkaca, OMG, he looked like a lunatic person with an outfit that looked like people at the Flinstones :( aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

I could go on and on telling about how bad the movie is. Ghee, I hope my grandpa never watches this movie, otherwise he would feel the same as I did...

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1800142965&cf=info&intl=us