Saturday, May 28, 2005

In a recovery process from an oral surgery--->cubby cheeks

I finally had my oral surgery last Thursday, May 26 at 10am. Wasn't afraid really when I got there coz I knew that I would be put into sleep. The doctor, Dr. Reiner, is such a great guy. When I had my first consultation w/ him, he practically explained everything to me...
So, Gina picked me up aboout 930am and we went straight to the clinic. I think I went into the room about 10.15am. It took awhile for them to put the IV in. They had a laughing gas mask over me and then a couple of minutes later... I went to Zzzzzzzzzzz......
Then "hi, we're done!!"said the doctor/the nurse/ or someone.. :P I wasn't very sure what exactly happened, coz I was still half conscious :p they then took me to the recovery room where I saw Gina. Then I tried my best listening to what the nurse was saying about the post surgery procedures, but I think I was still tooooooooooooo tired from the anesthesia (is this how you spell the word????!!!)
Anyways, then we went to Gina's house to take some rest. I felt my mouth and tongue were NUMB!!! I thought that all my face was swollen, but apparently not :p hehhehe.. just felt like my face got bigger. Gina wentto CVS to get the prescriptions and while waiting for her to return, OMG... the pain almost killed me (hehehhe...). IT WAS TERRIBLE!!!
I couldn't feel my mouth, didn't know how to drink and had blood in my mouth.. eeeuuuuuyyyy!
Alhamdullillah, the pain killer came and I've been consuming it like 4 times a day. The result of that is SLEEPINESS :p I think I've been spending most of my time----> sleeping, waking up for meals, drinking the medicine, watching Tv for half an hour, sleeping... and again... and again :P
I'm sooo grateful to have Gina and John Driscoll (^-^) I don't know who else I could rely at this kind of moment. In between their busy time, they took good care of me. Thank you sooo much ya Allah SWT for giving me the opportunity to know these people. Mas Yogi came this afternoon and hehhehe... I think I'm gonna be a bit spoiled while he's here :p he should take care of me, but he's sleeping like a baby now (>-<)
Anyways... oh ya, the cost for the whole surgery wasn't cheap at all...! OMY, one of my tooth cost more than $500!!! that much amount of money could be use to feed many people in Indonesia. I mean, imagine with the current currency rate---> $500xRp9000=Rp4.500.000 ghee, no wonder doctors here are sooo rich!!! So the total amount of the surgery was @2430. everything cozt sooo expensive, and plus they took out 4 of them!!! Alhamdullillah, half of it will be covered by the Freeman emergency funding (thank you Theresa!) (^-^)
Mmmm.. now the new me after the surgery has a cubbier cheek :P hehhehe.. It's funny looking at myself with this swollen cheek. I wonder when it will be back to its "normal" shape :P It still hurts every now and then, but hopefully nothing serious will happen. Amin
And yeah, I've been also eating like a baby... slowly, soft food and mmm.. using my front teeth only. I can't wait to eat like a pig (^0^) but prolly, with this condition, I can go on a diet for a couple of days, huh??? hahahha