Sunday, June 05, 2005

carrying a 5 months old baby is not easy... especially when she's crying

Tonite was my first babysitting experience! I was asked to babysit Clara Taft, Gina and John Driscoll's granddaughter :) I was a bit nervous at first, but when Laura (Clara's mum) told me that practically she'd be sleeping at that time, I was kinda relieved.
So I showed up at their house around 6.50pm and James (Clara's dad) showed me around--how to reach them in case there's anything, how to use the TV, where the bathroom is, and so on... When I first met him, I had a feeling that he would be a really gentle father who would never yell at his kids... :P Laura was putting Clara into bed when I came.
About 730, they left and there I was... alone watching MTV True Life (wait.. or is it Real Life??!!). Whichever it was, it was kinda a dumb show. I got sick of it and decided to flip through the channels ans stayed for quite awhile watching NBA and a decoumentary about the actors of an old TV series "Savings By The Bell." I remembered I used to like that show when I was young (hehehhe... speaking as if I'm no longer "young" :p, well... I'm turning 20 this July, so I guess it's a fair thing to say)
Btw, a bit of tonite's NBA game-- Miami had to work harder than the Spurs since Piston rebounded and forced them to play the 7th game of the final. It's kinda a pity, since they actually led 3-0, but I guess, just like Boston Red Sox and a couple of others that I saw this past year, leading 3-0 means nothing until you actually win 4-0!!! I guess the 7th game will be interesting. I hope Mas Yogi and I can watch it (^_^)
Back to my babysitting experience... Clara was very cooperative by sleeping like a baby (well, she's still 5months old) until 10.44pm I suddenly heard.. hix..hix..hix.
OH NO... she started crying. Laura told me that it's prolly a sign that she's hungry. And she asked me to just leave it like that for awhile (which was 30min...!!!) and if she doesn't stop, call them! But I couldn't wait more than 10 min, coz I felt terrible listening her crying and knowing that she's hungry. So I called and they said they'd go home rite away. Pheew...!
I tried to walk her for awhile but it only worked for 5 min. I mean, I didn't have the thing that she wanted... I was like "mommy will be here soon... stop crying please. Clara... shhhss..hhh.." hehehhe...
It wasn;t that bad since she was pretty much sleeping and me, heheh.. watching Full House and Prince of BelAir :p