Monday, August 14, 2006

A thousand coaches around you

While counting down how many hours I had left until my flight landed in JFK, I watched a kids movie called Akeela and the Bee. It's about an "ordinary" girl struggling to win the Scripps National Spelling Bee competition. Speaking about that competition, I watched one of them on tv last June and it's so damn tough! the kids had to know the word origin, meaning before they could guess the giant jargons that I dont think I would ever encounter... ever... in my entire life.

Anyway, there was an interesting quotation ("just another simple quotation" back then...). When the girl lost her confidence when her spelling bee coach refused to continue coaching her for the national championship round. Her mum said, "there are thousands of coaches around you whom you could learn from. So be strong!"

These days I have been producing excessive tears a.k.a I've been crying a lot... Huuuuaaaa... Simply just by thinking of "el futuro que parece muy lejos desde donde estoy," I cried. Hix..hix.. While I was in Indonesia for the past 2 months, people asked me "the questions:" when are you going to graduate? AND you know what would come next... yeah... what are you going to do afterwards? I managed to pull through every single time the latter question came up by giving the some diplomatic answers (of course with a big smile on my face) while hoping for the conversation to end...

While I was home, I had some interesting conversations with great people--kak Jasmin, Tante Lilik, Feliz, Elok... hearing their stories, especially those whom I look up to made me realized that I'm not the only human being on this earth who's going through this phase of life right now... confused, uncertainty, worried, curiousity...
After listening to their stories and asking for their advices, I was very surprised how I was able to learn a lot from them.

Klo bahasa Indonesianya, ada hikmah dibalik smua percapakapan dan pengalaman orang di sekitar kita yang bisa kita jadikan pelajaran berharga bagi kita. Perjuangan dan semangat mas Yogi tahun 2004 setelah graduation, pengalaman kak jasmin dan tante lilik yang jadi inspirasi aku, jutaan saran dan doa dari mama dan papa... adalah my weapons to be strong always in facing "el futuro que (todavia) parece lejos desde donde estoy..."