Tuesday, July 05, 2005

A traffic jam at MIddletown??!!!

Last night, Mas Yogi, Bach, P'Poon, Corinne, Mark, Martin, Mao and I walked towards CT river, around the Harbour Park area. As we walked, there were many people going towards the same directions. We all had the same purpose---> wanted to see the 4th of July fireworks. I like fireworks since I was lil' :) When we got there, Oh WOW.... A LOT OF PEOPLE w/ their blankets, folding chairs, drinks, a set of picnic equipments sitting all along the Conn river. Where as us, heheheh... we were standing behind them and looking in the dark for a nice spot to enjoy the scene, of course WITHOUT blankets, folding chairs, drinks, and a set of picnic needs :p so unprepred :P
P'Poon found us a nice spot near the sidewalk, but we had nothing to sit on. Altho I didn't mind sitting on my butt, it would be nicer to have something in between the rocky ground and my butt :P So Corinne took out a WES MAGAZINE out of her bag and said, "Hey guys, I have this [wes mag.]. Shall we all use this??!" hahahhaha... we had no shame of tearing off the newly issued magazine and sat down waiting for the first "pheeeeeeewww.... BOOM!" to come.

Not long after, they started shooting the fireworks! It was awesome... I loved fireworks (^o^) It's much better watching it like last night than sitting in the car in the middle of a traffic jam :p hehehhe... the fireworks made some REALLY LOUD NOISE that your hard started to thump hard, BOOM...BOOM... I liked when people said, "Ooooo... Oooo..." whenever there were great fireworks :p

It lasted for less than an hour, but I think that was enough for me. I don't want to reach the climax and started to hate the sound of fireworks. We all started to walk back and OMG, there were sooooo many people walking with us. P'Poon was the one who was very amazed about the fact that there are more people at Middletown than we thought :P And when we reached the corner of Church St and Broad St. we saw something that we all had never seen before----> A VERY LONG LINE OF CARS ALONG CHURCH ST AND BROAD ST :p too bad I couldn't take any pics of that moments (no battery... classic reason :P), but P'Poon apparently took one. Prolly I should ask one from him. (^o^)

Then we stayed at Eli's house for awhile, watching people eating Bakwa (Ba' wa? or Bakuwa?). Anyway, it's supposedly a Chinese pork BBQ snack :P i've only seen them on movie "I no Stupid." But they look goooood :p hahahhaha...

4th of July at Middletown is not as boring as I thought :P