Saturday, June 25, 2005

playing Taboo @ Bradley Airport... so much fun!

Corrine asked me if I wanted to go with her to the airport to pick up the new Wes students who will be joining the Yale summer program. Since I decided not to go to Boston this long weekend, so I said that I'd be more than happy to do so. And I was glad that I went :p
We had sooo much fun--making fun of people aka Bach and Aussie, playing taboo at terminal B, trying to foll the new freshman, and trying to convince Corrine to have dinner w/ us at NH aka pay for our dinner (^o^)

So, Bach, Aussie, Corrine, Yaw (our nice upperclassman from Ghana who drove us) and I left at around 950am. Selina gave us some really goooood cookies that we ended up eating among ourselves :p We picked up the first 3 people--Wallace, who looks like simon at some point [Ojalá que no él no tenga las caraterísticas como Simon... (>_<)], and Fin Pang/Pin Fang, I don't know and Shun Wen, both from Taiwan. Mmm.. they were all very quiet... mmm.. We waited for the next group of people at terminal B where AA is. Thank God, Corrine brought Taboo with her that we ended up not suffering from boredom. Actually I don't think we would have gotten bored at any point today, coz we had soo much stuff that we could create as conversation's topics :P There were many funny moments, one of them was when I tried to explain the word "ferry," none of them could guess it correctly. They kept on saying boat, ship, yatch, bla..bla..bla.. -- So I said to them, "Oh I know, the person who went with Theresa to Hong Kong for the Freeman interview!!" -- And corrine said, "Oh, Terry!" -- Me: "Ya, so the word is...." -- All three of them, "Ferry!!!" hahahahahah.... Anyway, so at around 2 something, the next flight was scheduled to arrive. It was so long until two cute Japanese guys appeared from the gates. I was like, mmm.. only two?? I though we're supposed to meet 5 of them! Apparently, the other 3 got stuck at the immigration at Chicago (Aaaaaaaaa... not another immigration issue!!!), that they couldn't catch the connection flight (>_<) poor them... But thank God, they managed to get into the next flight :) So the Jap guys are Toshihiro and Keiho. Hhehehehe... cute Jap guys again! hahahha... They had to wait till Bin, the Chinese guy came at 3. So with Alice Hadler as well, we sat around and talked..talked... Corrine asked me to introduce myself, so I was like, "mmm.. My dad is Japanese and my mum is Indonesian.. and.." As I was about to continue bluffing, Toshihiro who looked so sleepy at that time suddenly woke up and said, "Oh really???!" hahahha... If only Alice wasn't there, I think I could have continued the jokes :p And Alice was like, "Oo.. but nihongo ga dekimasu" so that was how they knew I speak Jap too (^_^) In a way, I'm always not sure how to "tell" a Jap that I speak Japanese. Although I never say that I'm fluent in Jap (I wish I was...), but I can carry on a pretty good conversation with a Jap :) So then we met Bin, but for now, I don't really have much to say about him, since I barely talked. I don't think I even introduced myself (@_@) And... we waited and waited till about 430 for Toan, Ly (Vietnamese) and Fon (Thailand) to come. OMG, Toan is sooo Thang :P the way he speaks, and in a way his attitude as well :p hehhehe... funny, how you can meet two or even more similar people in such a short time. Thang just graduated and we found a "new him" :p

Finally, we were all on our wayto New Haven. Ghee, I actually spent almost 12 hours at the airport and road today. But it was FUN!!! Thx to Corrine who asked me and the "cool dudes" today :P Going to Yale again was nice :) This year, they stayed at a different place, it's called Stile. Mmm.. I think Brandford and I don't remember the other dorm are nicer (^0^) I kinda met almost everyone. I hope to see them again this coming Tuesday at alice's place for the bbq :) Insya Allah, will be going with Mas Yogi. Te quiero muchoooooooo :) Oh ya, I had a good dinner, good Ivy Noodle meals yuuuuummm...

PS: in term of being productive, today wasn't THE DAY! But I did my winter jacket laundry and finished writing the letters :P