Sunday, July 10, 2005

it's 17 in Indonesia, 20 in Japan, 21 in the U.S. and mmm... 20 in Tia???

I was welcomed in the "twenty" club yesterday, since it was my 20th birthday!!! "happy birthday to me....!!!" It was a nice bday, with great celebrations, of course all of these wouldn't have happened without mi amor, mas Yogi.

So, I was excited since last week (prolly way before that :p) that I kept on asking Mas Yogi to do this and that for me. hehhehe... now you know how spoilt I can be :p So, on Thursday nite, I passed out around 930pm. I asked Mas Yogi to wake me up before 12am, so that I could get ready for my bday :p Zzzzzzzzzzzzz... and suddenly, I heard this song (in quite loud volume) "....
Semoga Tuhan melindungi kamu Serta tercapai semua angan dancita-citamuMudah-mudahan di beri umur panjang Sehat selama-lamanya ... Amin ...." I was like, HUH???!! What song is this? After I "recovered" from my sleepiness, I realized it was jamrud's Slamat Ulang Tahun song :) ooooo... so sweet! Apparently Mas Yogi downloaded this song and played it at exactly 12am, well I think it was (^_^)

The song ended, and I continued cleaning up my room :P Finally it's almost done, just need to fold my laundry, double check on everything and hopeully we'll all be set for the trip :)

back to my birthday. Then I worked pretty much the whole day and it was RAINING the whole day too (>_<) I don't think I remembered being rainy ever on my bday (??!!)
anyway, in the evening, mas Yogi took me out to dinner at Hama Restaurant, a Japanese restaurant at Hamden, CT in his "car." hehehhe... The restaurant was actually smaller than I expected, but the food was awesome! There was this old man who ordered sushi boat dish that looked soooo delicious! And another guy ordered a huge basket of sushi. Yuuuuummmmmmmm.... As for Mas Yogi and I, ehhhehe.. we ordered a small plate of sushi as the appetizer. I had seafood yakisoba, which turned out to be superb! And amazingly I almost gobbled the whole thing :p And Mas Yogi had swordfish steak, yuuuuuuuummmyyy! For the dessert, hehehe... I was hoping to get a free tempura ice cream coz it was my bday, but I guess we're to shy to ask for one :P But we ordered one anyway. Ooooo, I want another one! Great dinner (^o^)

We didn't do much at nite, since I was tired (again...)

This morning, we returned the "car" ad stopped by at John and Gina's house. Said bye..bye.. and OMG, I thank Allah SWT for introducing me to them. They are the people that have helped me sooooo much! Then we stayed at ST, coz Mas Yogi had to take care of "book...book..book...!" This is Eli's terms :P we basically spent the day at ST and my room.

In the evening, we had diner at Typhoon, basically to celebrate my bday and my farewell too (hix...hix...). A lot people came, I'm sooo happy! Jerry, Selina, Gimseng, Mao, Corinne, Eliza, Thang, Am, Henry, Tachie, Maiko, Rika, Mark, Bach, Ying and Eli (^O^) Thank you------------------!!!!! We had good dinner and there were some interesting conversations too :P hhehehe...

I'm going to miss Wesleyan. I never actually thought this way, I can't believe how much I like Wes. I think partly because lately I think I have become more embraced with the entire Wes. I have a major that I like, I know the people and I have found "the people," I know my stuff (well, sort of...). It's always like this; once I feel comfortable in one environment, I must go on. In a way, I"m coming back to Wes after my study abroad program, but I'm sure that certain things will not be the same. For sure, the class of 05 will not be here. Mmmm..no Intan with her silly jokes, no Bella and her comforting conversations, no Cecile and our Sociology brainstorming days, P'Poon and his orange jacket, Eli and his, "Ok lha, steady...." :p and many more

As for me, I'm a junior and I'm 20 too :P I may sound as if I'm making a big deal out of this birthday thing. But I think it's because I'm leaving for Argentina, I'm a junior now and all these mean that I have to start thinking of my LIFE!

I should not think about this whole LIFE thing now. I should go home and clean up.