Tuesday, April 05, 2005

it's Argentina!!!

Wow.. what a news after Social Theory class...
Dear Satyawidya,
Congratulations! You have been accepted to our program in Buenos Aires, Argentina for the fall semester, 2005.
Yooohooooooooo~~~~~~!!!
This is such an exciting news that I have been waiting to hear (^-^) Alhamdullillah...Alhamdullillah... Alhamdullillah :) I was kinda surprised that they sent the email to me this ealry since I just received the welcom epacket yesterday and I haven't send any forms required that supposedly needed by the program to make the decision. Anyhow, I'm happy :)
I should definitely thank Allah SWT that has given me courage and enlightment that led me to all of these. Without Allah's guidance, I would not have been able to make the first step.
The Office of International Studies, especially Carolyn is such a great help. She explained everything so clear that helped me made such complicated decision. It was tough in deciding which program I should apply to, but she surely knows her stuff and managed to convinced me .. hehehe.. :)
Mas Yogi is the best! He helped in many ways... He's the person that helps me whenever I'm in a dilemma and confusion. He knows how to calm me down hahahhaha... :p He's the person that encourage me to apply and focus. I was afraid that the idea of going abroad would mess our relationship, but I believe in him and our relationship (^-^) Insya Allah, smuanya bjalan lancar...
My family who's always there for me... I felt that my parents were confused when I asked them which program that I should apply to since they didn't have the suficient info.. But their prayer and encouragement helped me a lot. I miss them..
Alice, John and Gina Driscoll, Prof. Austin, Prof. Dupuy and Octavio.... :) I talked to them to discuss the programs and my concerns... Alice and John helped me on my essays, especially Alice! Glad to know her so well, that I didn't have any difficulties in expressing my concerns or anything.... Prof. Austin and Octavio certainly paid sooo much attention to me.. :) I'm glad to know them well too, they certainly helped me get into the program!!! And Prof. Dupuy.. he's the man that made my move smooth through whatever school bureuacracy that I had to go thru (^_^) I'm sooo hppy that I'm surrounded by these people.. lovely and encouraging people :)

Mmm.. No Chile, I guess... I hope i'm making the right desicion here to which program I should go to. I have thought about many different aspects and I believe that the Argentine program is better, INsya Allah... It's more challenging, more organized and after all.. It was my first choice and following your first choice has always been the best thing, Insya Allah :)
It was a lucky thing that the email came right before I send the deposit for the Chile prog, coz otherwise I wold lose 200 dollars, which my parents could use to pay for my cellphone bills that's going up..up...up (>-<)

Okie, I should get back to my soc paper that's due in mmm.. [ghee, I'm sooo bad at math now :(] like 12hours excluding eating and sleeping time :p Insya Allah, I do better in this paper.